Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 with a bullet.


No resolutions. (except lose my mind less at the line that never goes away at the 67th and Columbus Starbucks) Only goals.
One of them is to WRITE MORE. So this blog is born.
" I am a writer." is an iffy statement in general and should be uttered with caution due to the conversation and self realization it may yield. Example conversation:
Some guy: What do you do?
Me: I am a writer.
Some guy: Oh yeah. What do you write?
Me: Screenplays. Plays. Sketches. The short story sometimes. Poems in college, but come on, we all did that.
Some guy: Oh. Sold anything.
Me: Come close.
Some guy: Oh.
(uncomfortable silence)
Some guy: You tried this random craft beer that I'm holding?
Me: Yeah! Yeah. Yeah, it's really great...
I could go on for days.
So I am using this blog as a stretch in brain muscle. A brain workout if you will.
Read. Don't read. But if you do, I will make you smarter...or pissed off.
Here we go!
My 2012 started with the inevitable hangover. What was I drinking? How kind of you to ask:
...and it was good. I bought it on the sole principle that it was made by a brewing company called SKA BREWING COMPANY out of Durango, CO. Now what a bunch of dudes who like picking it up are doing making beer in Colorado, I don't know. What I do know is they made that Pale Ale nice. Check em out here:
And, of course, as expected my good friend Jagermeister made an appearance as well. Revelry was had and noise makers were blown. Friends and family rejoiced.
So it being the New Year now my little brother brought me a cleanse. Something he makes himself and affectionately calls "Green Juice".
Frightening, right? It tastes like lawn clippings and gatorade had a bastard child. Why I bring this up is because even though I drank this cleanse in effort to "begin anew" I know for a friggin' fact that I will be eating the leftover summer sausage log and dodgy left over shrimp cocktail right after I post this.
Speaking of which. I must go.
I love you all. Keep watching wrestling. Keep listening to good music and if you go see "Man on a Ledge" I will never talk to you again.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. How have I not heard of Ska Brewing Co? Oh and proof that not all kids shows are bad:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZtzR8rSH_s&feature=related
    They show this on Yo Gabba Gabba (co-created be the leasd singer of the Aquabats. It's Thing 1's favorite show.

    I can't wait to read and I miss you and this will be brilliant and I expect to see your face in person this year. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete